Thursday, April 9, 2009

It has been a busy week, with Spring Campaign meetings, doctor's appointments, birthday outing....add to that getting little sleep with a 6 week old in the house, and it has not always been pleasantries exchanged in our house lately.

God has been speaking to me about what it means to journey spiritually with fellow believers; I must admit, not proudly, that I tend to put people in a "Christian box", and for some reason I expect them to act a certain way, and if they don't, it's difficult for me to relate to them spiritually. I know this is not God's love coming through, but perfection is not mine.

God has been changing that way of thinking lately, reminding me that it's a journey that we are all on together, that it needs to be about grace and acceptance, not laying down a standard that we have made up for others. It isn't about the pastor being up on a spiritual pedestal while the congregants watch from below, though we do need to live above reproach. It's not about those who come to worship on Sunday being reminded that they aren't doing enough. But we encourage each other as we walk together because if we believe in Jesus, we are part of the same fellowship.

I am so grateful that He has grace for me, that even in my sin, He died for me; I am more aware of that this Holy Week and have really sensed what it means to have hope in Him as I love others.

And now, some pictures for your enjoyment-


Avery, 6 weeks


Jack, always the comedien

Watching "Veggie Tales" (what else?)



Hanging with Uncle Max



No comments: