Wednesday, June 2, 2010







I am so bad at journaling. Hence, the reason this blog is rarely updated. I have good intentions, really. To keep others up-to-date on what's happening and so to lessen the "oh-my-goodness-they're-getting-so-big-you-should-keep-in-touch-more" conversations that are bound to come up, especially next week at Commissioning (big Salvation Army meeting near Chicago).

Summer is here. School is over. T-ball started yesterday for Cameron. We are grilling out more, playing outside and taking walks, planning Vacation Bible school, getting ready for camps, and slopping on the sunscreen. I'm hoping for good visits with special people and good thunderstorms.
We took the camper out for the first time last week and had a blast. We found a few ticks and Dave burnt his foot on a hot ember, and I had to laugh when I figured out that the showers cost 3 quarters. We were a little off schedule with naps and eating healthy, but it was great weather and lots of down time. We try, as much as possible, to not be crazy busy all the time, so this just reinforced the solid relationship we have as a family that is built during the time we're not on vacation (the up time?).
Today, the sun is shining and I am reminded of the verses I read earlier this morning:
Our God says, Calm down, and learn that I am God!
All nations on earth will honor me. The LORD All-Powerful is with us.
The God of Jacob is our fortress. Psalm 46:10

No comments: