We traveled to a city we used to live/serve in for a funeral of a church member. I sometimes wonder if making the effort makes any difference to the people involved, and that led to a discussion with Dave about who we live to please. In the end, it didn't matter if the family cared if we were there (they did), but it did mattered where our heart was. If we were only going out of a sense of obligation, it would have been wrong. But if were going out of a sense of love, it was right.
As a Salvation Army officer, I at times have felt like I am acceptable or not based on people's praise or criticism. That, too, is wrong. That would make how I live each day up to someone else, and that is just not worth it.
This is a pretty busy weekend for our family...a pumpkin patch trip tomorrow with church members, church services on Sunday followed by...dun, dun, DUN....Veggie Tales Live!! We are so exicted, but I think Cameron is most of all. Everytime we mention it, he jumps up and down and starts singing (loudly) one of the songs. It is too funny. I am looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment