Sunday, November 16, 2008

I am in the process of learning that I will never know why things happen the way they do, that in the middle of praying fervently and consistently, it may not be answered the way I want. So, it's a good thing I am not God. I was reminded of that this morning when I was reading Psalm 139 before the worship service started:

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was
laid out before a single day had passed.

There are no easy answers when we go through the times when we are watching the waves coming and can't seem to stay on the water. But in my devotions the other day, the writer reminded me that we have to keep our eyes on the One who walks on the water. That is security.

I am ready for it to snow. The weather has been cold for awhile now, and we might as well have something pretty to look at if it's going to be cold anyway. Maybe it's because I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping that I want it to be winter so badly....I can't wait to decorate. I am holding off until the day after Thanksgiving, but it's not wasy being patient!






No comments: