Dave and I celebrated 5 years of being married today, and as we went over our list of the most challenging and most rewarding parts of being married, I was reminded of how blessed we are. I look around and I find (and smell) dirty dishes, laundry piling up by the washer, and dust that always comes back. In the middle of worrying about how the credit card will be paid off and how long of a week next week will be while Dave is at summer camp, I am reminded again by God's voice how blessed we are. We don't have it all together, and some might even say we aruge too much, but the reality is that I love my husband and my kids more than anything on this earth. Sure, the boys probably watch "Veggie Tales" too many times a day; they eat Pop-Tarts for breakfast, and sometimes we get to the middle of the day and realize they haven't brushed their teeth (probably because I can see Pop-Tart in them). But in our family devotion time, and when Jack says funny things and we all laugh, when Cameron surprises us with information we had no idea he knew, when Avery smiles....it reminds me. And that's why I'm glad I stay home with them. That's why it becomes more important to me to build a tent in the family room than to tackle the laundry right now.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
"Don't Dust Your Brother!"
The past few weeks have been rainy, which leads to many days indoors, which leads to a little bit of boredom that can lead certain little boys to raise a feather duster just above the head of their brother, ready to clean. Hence the title.
It has been challening to be inside most days, but thankfully the sun came out today after some sitting in the basement last night during the tornado warning sirens. I even found a steal at a garage sale...a Little Tikes slide that should keep said children happy. For a little while, at least.
Jack is learning to say many words, and this week while his Aunt Jenny is visiting, we have been trying repeatedly to get him to say "Auntie". All that comes out is "Guncle" (not sure who that is, but she is going home with a new title).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are so right, Marcie. The time flys by too fast to worry about the laundry or the dusting. Be with and enjoy your family now. Love, Grandma Mowers (who wishes she was there to enjoy them too.)
Post a Comment