Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's always too long between posts.
Jack has started talking and has a whole list of words that we love to hear him say; he started last week while we were on vacation at Michele and Nathan's house. All of sudden, he spit out the word "uncle" (uncoo), and it was chatter, chatter from there.

Avery is sleeping through the night (hallelujah) and starting to interact more, laughing and "talking".
Cameron is helpful as a big brother -or "bubba", as Jack calls him, always willing to do what he can.

I was cleaning out a large storage closet at the corps today (didn't even know it was so messy until I walked in two weeks ago...now I'm thinking I shouldn't have even walked in), and I can see progress in the future. Our building is actually an old grocery store, so not much space, but I believe you have to work with what you have. That's why our nursery is the back half of the thrift store manager's office and the chapel shares space with the dining room.
Besides the challenges, I can see so many ways that opportunities are opening up for us, as long as we're faithful. Space is not really the issue; we can make room for what's necessary. I think the issue a lot of times is where my heart is.

The other morning I walked downstairs with the wrong attitude. I was the last one up and not in a good mood, and when I walked into the kitchen and saw the mess the rest of the family had left, it got worse. When I picked up an empty can to throw it away, I cut my finger, which forced me back upstairs to find a band-aid. It's a good thing, because I was able to pray and ask God to focus my heart on what was important. Once I did that, the day went (mostly) smoothly.
The summer looks busy, with camps and vacation bible school, plus a vacation at the end of August.
We are blessed.

Cameron lost his front tooth in an unfortunate play room accident






The ceiling of the Indianapolis Children's Museum

No comments: