Monday, November 9, 2009
I love getting mail. Minus any bills to be paid and flyers from the local tire place, I anticipate each day that unexpected card or favorite monthly magazine. I think it's that idea of connection, of thinking that someone thought about me. Living out in cow country can be lonely at times; staying home with kids all day can bring a feeling of aloneness. But getting mail....it sits at the top of my list for favorite things. In face, the mail man just came....and in his hand was a package from my mom (she sent a box of vitamins, which reminds me that at 29 years of age, you never are out of your mother's watchful eye) and a giant, ridiculous singing card from my closest friend. Someone cares about my health...someone else remembered my birthday. How could I not feel loved?


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
note to self: send marcie more mail!
Post a Comment