Saturday, January 9, 2010

I picked up a book last week at the library because the cover looked so interesting. It was all about making things from what you already have. I'm not a real save-the-dolphins kind of girl, but I try to do my part and fill the recycle bin each week.

So I picked up the book, went to the hardware store and bought all the necessary supplies (even a pink utility knife...I think that's what it's called). I have actually enjoyed the quiet moments of creating a lunch bag from old shopping bags, drawer organizers from old take-out containers, and other eco-friendly projects. I'm also not very crafty, so I have surprised myself with these attempts. It makes me grateful that God took my old ugly heart and is turning it into something beautiful. I'm not a finished project, but some day Heaven will come.

Cameron has had 3 weeks off of preschool and I'm not sure he's ready to go back. He is such a homebody; if he could do anything, it would be to stay at home all day in his pj's and watch movies.

Jack is our funny guy. He says the craziest things and wants nothing more than to be like Cameron. He loves to cuddle, and unlike his older brother, loves to go places. So I take him with me to Wal-Mart and we have a great time.

Avery has some top teeth popping out and is starting to make funny faces because he know's he'll get a reaction. He wants to walk but is content to crawl for now.

We recently got a total of 14 or so inches of snow. It has piled up so high that we built a pretty sturdy snow fort with mulitple openings. It was quite a job to shovel it all out, but Dave did a great job!








No comments: