It has been a few weeks now of ice and snow, snow and ice, with some sunshine moments in between. As a result, we have spent time at the mall, used our imaginations to fly in a space ship/man a pirate ship/cook a meal, built a snow fort that is now a dirty pile mush, and made big plans for what we'll do with our camper. We bought a camper. In the dead of winter. It was the best time to buy it-good price-but now we must look at it longingly, patiently, as we wait for spring to arrive and bless us with its sunshine.
Already in our minds, we have traveled to the Grand Canyon, Texas, Aunt Michele's house, and to different parts of Nebraska. We'll never purchase our own house (it's provided for us), our own vehicle (provided for us), our own anything that would require us to dive into our savings account. So this purchase makes me feel like a grown-up. Yes, I'm married, given birth to children, taken charge of congregations in a few cities. I guess that qualifies me to be an adult. But now I own a piece of property! I can keep it! I owe money on it!
I'll also turn 30 this year. But that's another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment