The next year is going to be challenging. A real step in the right direction. I have my scissors out for two reasons.
I cut up my credit card and
I am cutting more coupons.
It is going to take a year. It's not that our balance is terribly high-by today's standards-just that it's going to take that long based on what we can pay each month.
We've decided to be honest and take some real steps to "attack" it, as someone advised me.
So what we've done this week:
Invested in a great coffeemaker that will take the place of all those Starbucks
trips (there is a reason I am a gold card member, after all)
Eaten at home much more often
Planned out a menu for this week
Looked into a few web-based grocery saving sites-www.thegrocerygame.com,
printable coupon sites, and the blog Live-Laugh-Save.
I feel like it's a new beginning, and though I'm sure no one reads this, I will use it to keep myself accountable. After all, if I can see each month how small the balance on our card is getting, I will be encouraged.
So, here goes-we currently have a Discover card with a balance of $5916.00.
And it begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment