Cameron went the WHOLE DAY with dry Elmo underwear. I could not believe it. I see and end in sight....or a beginning, to no more Pull-Ups.
I was thinking the other day about how much we have been able to do since we have moved here, so much fun that will go down in scrapbooks to be looked at years from now and smiled at. Zoos, a dairy farm, a pumpkin patch, a kid's museum....several times where we have been able to make new memories. It's been fun, something that seems to be lacking so many times when I meet families under stress.
I have learned a lot lately about speculating and/or worry. It really is pointless and can take up so much time....I have found myself sitting and wondering, then wonder why I'm wondering. It makes no sense to start a thought with, "I wonder if...." Worrying changes nothing and takes up time I could be praising God for what He's done instead. For example, I wonder and worry every time Officer's Councils (pastor's retreat) comes up, twice a year, about who will watch my kids. Grandmas and Grandpas are out, we live nowhere near anyone who can do it, and since we move so often, it can be difficult to form relationships with people in enough time to trust them with your kids for four days. But every time it comes, God provides someone...friends will take vacation to come stay with them, someone from the corps will offer. So, I ask you,why worry?
It's the end of September and it's still close to 90 degrees here. I started to pack up summer stuff, but I am keeping it close at hand just in case....
Ernie (or is that Bert?), our new hermit crab
Feeding goats at the pumpkin patch
No comments:
Post a Comment